Kaw Lake Vacation and Resort PropertiesKaw Lake on the Arkansas River is in Kay County, Oklahoma and is used for flood control, drinking water, recreation and hydroelectric power, among other things. Construction was completed in 1976. At normal levels it has a surface area of 26 square miles. It is a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lake property.
Kaw Lake in northern Oklahoma extends into Cowley County, Kansas. Rental cabins and camping are available at Camp McFadden on the west shore. Vacation activities include sailing, water-skiing, jet-skiing, and speedboats. On the 168 mile shoreline, visitors can hike, ride bicycles, or go on horseback. Kaw Lake is said to have good catfishing and hunting.
On the Arkansas River in Kay and Osage Counties in Oklahoma and Crowley County in Kansas, this 17,000-acre lake offers camping and picnicking; 24,000 acres in both states are open to hunting and other activities. Game include: deer, turkey, quail, dove, waterfowl, rabbit and prairie chicken.Visit the web site for more information about this and other Tulsa District lakes.
Facilities at Kaw Lake
- The Bear Creek Cove area has electric campsites with dump station and boat ramp. Reservations
- The Burbank Landing area has a boat ramp.
- Camp Mcfadden
- The Coon Creek area has a electric, non-electric campsites with dump station and boat ramp. Reservations
- The Fishermens Bend area has picnic sites.
- The McFadden Cove area has electric campsites, boat ramp, marina and group picnic shelter.
- The Osage Cove area has electric, pullthrough, group campsites with dump station, boat ramp, playground and bicycle, horse and hiking trails. Reservations
- The Pioneer Park area has a boat ramp, marina, group picnic shelter and beach.
- Sandy Beach
- The Sandy Park area has a electric campsites, boat ramp and beach.
- The Sarge Creek area has electric, pullthrough, group campsites with dump station, boat ramp, playground and horse and off-road vehicle trails. Reservations
- The Traders Bend area has a boat ramp.
- The Washuhga Bay area has electric campsites with dump station and boat ramp.
More about Kaw Lake
Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum (19 miles)
The Eisenhower Presidential Library is a national repository for the preservation of historical papers, audiovisual materials and the artifacts relating to Dwight D. Eisenhower and his times. The Library makes this record accessible through research, museum exhibits, public programs, and educational outreach. The Eisenhower Presidential Library is administered by the National Archives and Records Administration, a United States government...
Birch Lake (42 miles)
This lake impounds about 1,137 acres of water on Birch Creek, a tributary of Bird Creek in Osage County. Visit the web site for more information about this and other Tulsa District...
Hulah Lake (43 miles)
Oil discoveries here made the Osage Indian tribe the wealthiest in America. Woolaroc Museum is nearby. Visit the web site for more information about this and other Tulsa District...
Find other northeast Oklahoma lakes, lake
view properties, lodging, and vacation ideas
or return to the home page.
Other Lakes with the same name, or a similar name:
Kawialik Lake (Scammon Bay, AK)
Lake Kaweah (Lemon Cove, CA)
Kawishiwi Lake (Winton, MN)
Lake Sakakawea (Mandaree, ND)
Lake Sakakawea, Van Hook Arm (New Town, ND)
Pawtuckaway Pond (Epping, NH)
Kawaguesaga Lake (Lac du Flambeau, WI)
Puckaway Lake (Marquette, WI)