Salamonie Lake Vacation and Resort Properties
Salamonie Lake is created by Salamonie Lake Dam on the Salamonie River in Wabash County, Indiana and is used for flood control and recreation purposes. Construction of Salamonie Lake Dam was completed in 1966. At normal levels it has a surface area of 4.5 square miles. It is a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lake property.
The 2,665 acre Salamonie Lake is located in north central Indiana and is situated between its "sister" lakes J.E. Roush and Mississinewa. Attractions include Hanging Rock, 2 mi downstream from the dam, and Old Canal Locks at Largo. The lake was completed by the Corps of Engineers in 1966.
Facilities at Salamonie Lake
- The Dora area has a boat ramp, group picnic shelter and horse trail.
- The Lagro/Tailwater area has a boat ramp, group picnic shelter and playground.
- The Lost Bridge East area has a boat ramp, group picnic site and trails.
- The Lost Bridge West area has electric, group campsites, boat ramp, marina, group picnic shelter and beach.
- The Mount Etna area has a boat ramp, group picnic shelter and trails.
- The Mount Hope area has a boat ramp and group picnic site.
- The Observation Mound area has group picnic shelter and playground.
More about Salamonie Lake
J. Edward Roush Lake (10 miles)
A 900 acre lake, J. Edward Roush Lake was formerly known as Huntington Lake. It is located in north central Indiana and lies in an area rich in Native American history. The lake was completed by the Corps of Engineers in...
Mississinewa Lake (17 miles)
In an area rich in Indian history, the 3,180 acre Mississinewa Lake includes both State and Corps managed recreation areas. The name, "Mississinewa" was derived for the Miami Indian word for "water on a slope." The lake was completed by the Corps of Engineers in...
John T. Myers Lock And Dam + Ohio River (51 miles)
Located on the Ohio River about 3* miles downstream from Uniontown, Kentucky, at mile 846.0 below Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The navigation locks are located on the right bank or Indiana side of the river. The upper pool maintained above the dam extends upstream for a distance of 69.9 miles to the Newburgh Locks and Dam at Mile...
Find other northcentral Indiana lakes, lake
view properties, lodging, and vacation ideas
or return to the home page.
Other Lakes with the same name, or a similar name:
Click the map to see lakes in other parts of the country.