Somerville Lake Vacation and Resort Properties
This lake is located near Somerville, TX.
Somerville Lake is a flood control reservoir on Yegua Creek, 10 miles northwest of Brenham, Texas. Lake Somerville, managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, also serves the area for irrigation and recreation.
Nearby points of interest include Bluebonnet Trails, Independence Day Trek and Salt Grass Trek.
Facilities at Somerville Lake
- The Big Creek area has marina.
- The Birch Creek State Park area has beach.
- The Nails Creek State Park area has beach.
- The Overlook area has electric, non-electric campsites with dump station, boat ramp, marina, group picnic shelter and playground. Reservations
- The Rocky Creek area has electric, non-electric campsites with dump station, boat ramp and playground. Reservations
- Welch Park
- The Yegua Creek area has electric, non-electric campsites with dump station, boat ramp, playground and off-road vehicle trail. Reservations
More about Somerville Lake
Granger Lake (51 miles)
Operated by The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Granger Lake is one of Central Texas's best kept secrets. Known for great white bass and crappie fishing, it also offers excellent hunting opportunities on the 10,000+ acre wildlife management area. Granger Lake offers excellent recreational boating as well as jet skiing and sailing opportunities. Facilities include four parks with 133 class A campsites, restrooms with hot showers, swim beaches, screened shelters, sewer hook-ups, three large group...
Barker Dam (66 miles)
Addicks Dam (66 miles)
These normally dry reservoirs are on the west side of Houston on both sides of I-10 at TX6. They contain the largest municipal park in the Nation and provide a unique recreational experience for the metropolitan area. They contain facilities for golf, hiking, picnicking, field sports, horseback riding, shooting ranges, model airplane flying, a velodrome and other...
Find other east Texas lakes, lake
view properties, lodging, and vacation ideas
or return to the home page.
Other Lakes with the same name, or a similar name:
Click the map to see lakes in other parts of the country.